- Nothing has changed since the 1800’s.
- It’s meant to be fun.
- It’s meant to be a creative process.
- It doesn’t matter what gear you have.
- It does matter that you know how to use the gear you have.
- Digital cameras don’t work without a battery and card.
- You’ll never take the best sunrise shot ever if you’re not there, ready to rock and roll at sunrise.
- Many of the must have buttons do the same thing as the others but just in a different way.
- A significant and important amount of the technology in your camera is there simply to get over the technological shortcomings of the camera itself.
- If a setting that helps you do everything without another care in the world sounds too good to be true…………..
Two quotes stick with me constantly when helping others to improve their own photography and anyone who has been on one of my course will probably have heard them already;
One was by a client of mine half way into a session who said “I thought that I needed a new camera. What I actually needed was a life time’s experience”.
And the second is about knowing your gear and how to use it – Bradley Wiggins has an outside chance of winning the Tour de France on your bike, but you have no chance of winning it on his.